Dec 26, 2008

this feeling again....

Part I

I Was Reminded

As we lay there quiet I was reminded of all the reasons why I lust you
Your smile, and the way it teased at me seductively
Your laugh,and the way it tempted me
Your eyes, and the way they seem to hypnotize me

As we sat there silent I was reminded of all the reasons why I love you
Your smile, and the way it brings such life into me
Your laugh, and the way it makes everything okay
Your eyes, and the way they seem to read my thoughts

As we stand here now I am reminded of all the reasons why I hate you
Your smile, and the way it confuses me
Your laugh, and the way it seems to mock me
Your eyes, and the way they can look into mine and not feel a thing

Part II

Broken Heart

I will never forget the days we once had
The days when you were everything to me
My mind used to tell me we'd be together forever
But now I realize that was all a big dream
The feelings I have for you will never go
I wish I could take back that one regretful day
The day when I willingly let you slide from my arms
Never did I think of the astonishing pain of regrets
That I would once have to live through
The sight of you in someone else's arms
Makes my heart shatter into a million pieces

I sometimes wonder if you still think of me
Or if to you, I'm just a face in the crowd
I wish so very much that one day we can have it all back
But for now, I'll sit here silently
Remembering all the memories we once shared
Everyday my love grows much stronger
Hoping that one day you will feel the same
And put back the pieces of my broken heart


Part III

What Do They Know

I face the world with a smile, no one knows what is hid inside
They see only happiness, they can't see the tears I've cried
When I am alone I hurt, because here I do it well
In front of all the watchful eyes my heaven turns to hell
The judge and jury awaits me,
Everyone has a say in a life that hangs suspended for yet another day
Who are they to judge if what I have done is right or wrong?
In the end I gave him up, but inside still sing his song
I don't know how to find the strength
I thought I had if only I could play tough it wouldn't be so bad
They say that life goes on and someday I'll smile again
But, how do they know my pain without being where I've been?
I've traveled so far from home,and can't find my way back
Somewhere along the way I must have jumped the track
I saw him just today and his smile is still the same
I wonder if he remembers me,
It hasn't been that long
He may have forgotten me, but I still sing his song

~ lovethepoem.com ~

0 comments: